26 September 2011

National Sewing Month Challenge Day 25, Slippers

Welcome to a very late day 25! Yesterday I was ill and didn't get much accomplished. So today I made two projects! The first was a pair of slippers for myself. They were pretty simple to make. And although I don't think they will win any sewing awards they are comfy. This will sound really weird but no matter how clean my floor is, we have hardwood, carpet and tile, I can't touch the floor with my bare feet. I'm not sure why but I just can't stand the feeling of the floor on my feet. So I just wear flip flops or slippers all the time.
There's not really a lot of parts to these slippers. One insole, one outer sole, two fleece pieces for padding, and a piece to go over the top of the foot.
Here is a pic of the finished slipper(s).
And then this one to show that it is wearable. 
Get ready here comes another day! 


No comments: