05 September 2011

National Sewing Month Challenge Day Five, T-Shirt to Halter!

Welcome to Day Five of the National Sewing Month Challenge! Today I went digging through my closet looking for clothes I haven't worn in awhile or that don't fit. Recently I have lost some weight so finding clothes to manipulate was pretty easy! I took this plain jane t-shirt and decided to make it into a halter top. The t-shirt started out at as a size 11/13 and ended up a size 7/8.
Plain jane T-shirt:
And the after of the halter top:
This challenge really gave me some insight into fitting some of my existing clothes to fit me better. I think it would probably be a lot more cost effective than going out and buying all new clothes. And there is nothing wrong with working with what you've got right?
Have a wonderful night and I hope to see you back again tomorrow!

No comments: