12 September 2011

National Sewing Month Challenge Day Twelve, Little Missy Smock

Welcome to Day Twelve! Today I made a smock top for my little Missy. I started noticing that most of the things that I have made so far were for me and why not share the challenge love, right? My little darling is in love with this fabric that came from the local big box craft store at a very reasonable price. I have made her an apron, and wrap skirt and now this smock top with it. And all from a yard of fabric! I started thinking that this would be really ruffly and floofey but turns out that today is not a floofey kind of day for me and my sewing machine. We are having some disagreements...I'm losing lol.
Here is the cute fabric, I know the little girls are from a book. But can't remember which one.
And here is the smock dress, front view:
And the back view. I haven't added the hook closure on it yet because my little dear is sound asleep and while she is fairly tiny for age I would hate to make it to small. So tomorrow morning I will be sewing it on for her. 

Happy Crafting and good night all! Meet me back here tomorrow!!

No comments: